Thursday 24 March 2011

Brown and Blue


Wow, 3 posts in one day, that has to be some kind of record for me!

I made this card for the Michelle Perkett colour challenge with one of her images from her esty shop. The theme (or colour) is brown and blue. It was fun figuring out how to best use the colours with the image I wanted to use. I coloured the image with promarkers and used Pink Petticoat papers for the background.

I love using PP digital paper because you can print out the colour palette and then match up the paper you want to your project. I never though I would use digital papers half as much as I do, I always thought they were a waste of my precious printer ink. But now I love using them. When I can't always find exactly what I want in my DP paper stash and having a good range of digital papers is really helpful.

12 comments:

Ellis said...

Beautiful card Jo, thanks for joining us at Michelle Perkett Studio this week! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Jo! Such pretty coloring, and I love the floral paper you chose! Thank you for joining us this week at Michelle Perkett Studio.

Karen said...

This is so charming Jo. Your coloring is great! Thanks for joining us at MPS this week!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card! :)

Sharon said...

Jo this is a lovely card - I love the clean lines! Thanks for joining in at Michelle's Challenge Blog this week!

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is too cute, LOVE your coloring!!!

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

What a fantastic card you made! Those DP and the coloring are beautiful!
Thanks for joining us this week at Michelle Perkett Studio Challenge. Hope to see you back next week! Hugs Marion

Claire said...

Hi Jo, what a beautiful card! Your colouring is perfect, I love it. Thanks for joining us at MPS and good luck
Claire xx

Unknown said...

Awesome card! Your coloring is great. Thanks for joining us at MPS. Shelley :)

Michelle said...

Jo, this is such a beautiful birthday card! I love your coloring and the flowered paper for the background! Lovely! Thank you for joining our challenge at MPS this week!

Hugs,

Michelle

scrapweaver said...

Love your card I like the clean lines and that floral paper si so perfect.

Pauline said...

Love this creation! Such crisp colours! Thanks for playing at MPS this week!
Pauline
MPS DT