Thursday 10 May 2012

40th Birthday


I made this for one of the girls at work, who is turning 40, and got very excited when I saw the the Passion for Promarkers challenge was 'Special Birthdays' Perfect timing!!

This card was a little tricky to make, it's an 8x8 cards (so all the girls at work can sign it) and it's fairly difficult to fill the space on such a large size. I used a forever friends stamp and printed the 40 and the sentiment out on the computer. I then stamped the image a few more times to get extra balloons and managed to carefully stamp over the 40 that I had printed out so it was in the centre of a balloon. I coloured them with my promarkers then cut them out and layered them on with foam pads. It seemed very complicated at the time and I'm sure there was probably an easier way to get the same effect but it worked how I wanted it to so I'm happy!

2 comments:

coops said...

gorgeous card jo.fab design and i love the sweet ff bear.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jo, what a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and your colouring is perfect. Great CAS layout and love the pastel colour scheme. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x